Aquatic macrophyte assessments
We are regularly contracted to conduct botanical surveys and to provide expert advice on management options for the sensitive removal of aquatic plants from recreational waters used for fisheries and water sports.
Our aquatic macrophyte assessment services are co-ordinated by our expert team of aquatic botanists, who have individual specialisms covering riverine, lacustrine and estuarine habitats.
We also have significant experience in the control of invasive and alien species, having worked in the UK and abroad on projects involving some of the world’s most problematic aquatic weeds.
Our services include
- Water Framework Directive (WFD), River Macrophyte Nutrient Index (RMNI), Mean Trophic Rank (MTR), LEAFPACS2, DARLEQ2, WFD combined element macrophytes and phytobenthos and JNCC full macrophyte surveys, as well as bespoke botanical surveys on rivers and lakes.
- Identification and advice on all species – marginal, submerged and riparian.
- Specialist botanical surveys of aquatic habitats from bank, boat and air.
- Condition monitoring and assessment of Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) and Special Areas of Conservation (SACs).
- Surveys and management of nuisance, alien and invasive aquatic plants in sensitive habitats.
- Expert advice to angling clubs, environmental managers and other independent bodies on the management of aquatic plants on their sites.
If you have any queries, please contact Dave Hall, associate director.
Alternatively you can email us here. Or call 0161 442 8938.