Worldwide zooplankton analysis
Our extensive experience includes work in both UK and international waters, identifying and counting all zooplankton groups.
In collaboration with our marine survey and consultancy teams we ensure a seamless process from start to finish, including project design, implementation and reporting, maximising the value of our data and ensuring reliability for our clients.
Our experienced taxonomists provide unrivalled identification of all marine zooplankton groups as well as specialist analysis of particular groups of interest such as ichthyoplankton (fish larvae and eggs) and juvenile (planktonic) stages of benthic species, amongst others.
Our extensive in-house reference collection acts as a permanent record of the taxa recorded in a project and can be used to verify identifications. We also maintain a large literature collection that is continually updated and expanded as new material becomes available, in order to ensure the accuracy of our identifications.
Our staff undergo thorough training to ensure a high standard of analysis. Our capacity for fast turnarounds and accuracy is supported by a rigorous methodology and state-of-the-art equipment.
Zooplankton analysis experience
- Severn Estuary – sample collection and analysis, plus site characterisation survey to inform an EIA for the Cardiff tidal lagoon.
- West Africa, East Africa, Persian Gulf and the Mediterranean – zooplankton sample analysis.
- Scapa Flow, Orkney – zooplankton sample analysis ultimately to support Orkney Island Council’s ballast water management policy.
- Ballast water sample analysis – zooplankton analysis of ballast samples collected from ships originating from sites worldwide.
- Persian Gulf – ichthyoplankton (fish larvae and eggs) sample analysis.
If you have any queries, please contact David Hall, head of laboratories.
Alternatively you can email us here. Or call 0161 442 8938.