Role: IT Support Engineer/ Analyst / Manager
Salary: £20,000 plus benefits package
Location: Chester or Stockport
Deadline: 5th May 2019
APEM Limited is Europe’s largest specialist aquatic environmental consultancy. We offer our clients an integrated approach to every aspect of the investigation and management of aquatic habitats and operate UK wide and internationally. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields. As a company, we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in providing solutions to our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity to join APEM’s efficient and well organised administrative team in an IT support role. This is a crucial role which will see you working with our external IT support provider to solve IT queries posed by staff members across seven offices nationwide. You will be working with a variety of software from Windows XP to 10, Microsoft Office 2010 – 16, SAP, CITRIX, GIS software and many others. It will be a challenging but rewarding role which will require you to use your initiative to help support the company as APEM continues to grow.
About the role
- Work closely with the external IT provider and Financial Director (FD) to provide end user support on IT products and services to staff across the UK.
- Work closely with the external IT provider to manage end user creation, both Server and Office 365, changes and removal.
- Work with the external IT providers and FD to advise the senior management team of potential improvements and cost savings.
- Regularly audit hardware and software assets as well as processes and services to reduce costs and provide maximum efficiencies.
- Develop and manage a rolling asset replacement program.
- Maintain all company landline, internet connections, mobile telephone systems and printing infrastructure.
There will also be a general administration aspect to the role which will include, along with the rest of the business support team, being the first point of contact for the company by answering, managing and responding to incoming company calls and general office administration duties.
You will preferably have a degree in a relevant subject or relevant work experience. You will have excellent IT and communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience of working within a technical support role offering 1st and 2nd line support and the ability to prioritise cases. Ideally you will have an interest in all aspects of IT, and a passion to learn as you go to ensure that as the company grows and changes, so does the IT infrastructure to meet the new needs.
How to apply
To apply please download an APEM application form.
You should then email a completed application form, along with a detailed CV and covering letter to email@example.com . The subject heading of the email should state your name and the role you are applying for.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.
The deadline for applications is the 5th May 2019.