Role: Project Manager
Salary: competitive based on experience + Benefit Package
Deadline: Sunday 11th August 2019
APEM Limited is Europe’s largest specialist aquatic environmental consultancy. We offer our clients an integrated approach to every aspect of the investigation and management of freshwater catchments and marine habitats and operate UK wide and internationally. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields, and as a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in providing solutions to our clients.
2019 has been a big year for APEM so far. We have been awarded water industry consultant of the year and we completed a management buyout. We are heading for a new record turnover and are pushing forward into a number of new areas as well as expanding our teams in our traditional areas and are looking for experienced project managers to support us achieve this.
About the role
This specific role sits in our aquatic consultancy division and will ideally be based out of our South Wales office although work across the company and other offices may be required.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of up to 40 projects
- Successful project delivery & contract administration through the life of the project to programme, budget and quality
- Managing a resources plan for the division and providing resourcing forecasting
- Facilitating communication with the client, project team and subcontractors
- Managing external subcontractor delivery and invoicing
- Ensuring timely and accurate management of invoicing and Work In Progress predictions
- Monitoring and reporting on project performance and risks and advising the divisional director on any necessary mitigation/control actions
- Reporting on project progress to the client
- Assisting with framework contract coordination and management
- Assisting with tender bid compilation including development and coordination of team partnerships
- Closing projects and evaluating successes and challenges to enhance delivery of future projects
You will be primarily office-based, although site visits, client meetings and fieldwork are likely to be required, which may include overnight stays; therefore, a full driving licence and personal flexibility is essential.
Our benefits package includes 25 days holiday (increasing to a maximum of 30 days in line with length of service), pension, private medical insurance, health cash plan, group income protection, death in service insurance, cycle to work scheme, company maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
If this sounds like you, please apply following the instructions below.
How to apply
To apply please download an APEM application form.
You should then email a completed application form, along with a detailed CV and covering letter to email@example.com . The subject heading of the email should state “your name – Project Manager-FSHPM-001”.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 11th August 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19th August 2019.